When I think about emotional wellness, I look at the whole person. It’s not just what we put into our bodies it’s also what we put on our body. Everything gets absorbed into the body. So let’s talk about the good, the bad skin care items.
Here are the 5 top essential oils for healthy skin:
- Frankincense – rejuvenating to the skin and has a balancing effect on emotions, helps with scaring and helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Lavender – moisturizing, soothing, rehydrating, balancing, and rejuvenating to scars, helps reduce effects of stress. Also great for spots, breakouts and also burns and rashes.
- Melaleuca – cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin and bacteria in the body. Great for spots and breakouts.
- Orange – cleansing the skin and uplifting to the mood.
- Juniper Berry – is used to help improve the appearance of aging skin and soothes irritations.
Here are 5 top plant compounds for healthy skin:
- Shea Butter – contains fatty acids that help moisturize and balance the skin.
- Sunflower oil – is rich in essential fatty acids, which smooth and soften skin.
- Lentil seed extract – helps reduce the appearance of pores.
- Amino acids and lipids – nourish and hydrates skin.
- Coconut oil – boosts the effectiveness of natural oils.
The 5 top harmful ingredients to avoid:
- Parabens – can be found high in breast tumours according to a study in 2004 published in the Journal of Applied Toxicology. Hormone disruption of natural estrogen produced in the body.
- Formaldehyde – a known carcinogen.
- Phthalates – known endocrine disruptors. According to a 2003 study from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention and the Harvard School of Public Health men with higher phthalates in their blood had lower sperm count.
- Sodium Laurel Sulphates – a pesticide, accumulates in brain, heart and the liver.
- Artificial scents and colours – linked to hormone disrupting effects, allergies, and asthma.
There are many other harmful toxins to be aware of but to start, you can go through these ingredients and be sure they are not in your hand soaps, skin care, and hair care so that you are taking care of your body the best way possible. I would suggest going through all your personal care products in every drawer and cupboard. Then possibly replace them with items that are natural and helpful to my body.
Here are my top 10 recommended skin care products that are all natural and contain pure essential oils:
- Verage Cleanser
- doTERRA Spa Mud Mask
- Verage Moisturizer
- doTERRA Spa Body scrub
- doTERRA Spa Body Butter
- Lip Balms
- Rose Hand Lotion
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Body Wash
- HD Clear Range
To learn more about doTERRA’s all natural skin care products please contact me and I can send you some further information. Please remember what you put on your skin and what you put on it, does have an effect on your emotional wellness, and when we can provide the most holistic environment for our bodies, we can improve our mood and feel better in our skin all at the same time. Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.